NO MORE MANDATORY TO STAY 2 YEARS WITH YOUR ORIGINAL EMPLOYER BEFORE IQAMA TRANSFER
It is no more mandatory for expatriate employees to stay with the original employer or sponsor for two years before transferring iqama to another employer, as per Ministry of Labor and Social Development. Trending : Heatwave warning in Saudi Arabia
Earlier it was a must for new workers to stay with the first employer for 2 years before transferring to the new employer, Now this rule no more exists.
- Expats can transfer their iqamas to another company no matter how long they work with the original sponsor. Most Viewed : Oman is offering 10 days tourist visa for 5 riyals
- It also includes transfer of services of an expat employee from an individual Saudi sponsor to an organization and vice versa.
- The ministry also said change in professions of iqamas are not available for now, It may be available in the coming days. Recommend : Spike in remittances because of fall in asian currencies
- The ministry also cleared, dependents of expatriate employees with engineering graduation cannot able to transfer to the companies for jobs as this service is stopped.
- Expatriate engineers with 5+ years of experience should go through a professional test and personal interview with the Saudi council to be recruited in the Kingdom. Read : Saudi Electricity explains the reason behind high electricity bills
- As per the latest statistics, The Council has a 198,000 engineers in which 16% are Saudi citizens and 84% are expatriates. It means there 166,535 expatriate engineers against 31,466 Saudi Engineers, according to the Saudi Gazette report.
from SAUDI-EXPATRIATES https://ift.tt/2tUhF16