DEPENDENTS OF EXPATRIATES ARE ALLOWED TO WORK FOR HAJJ COMPANIES THROUGH AJEER PROGRAM
Ministry of Labor and Social Development now allows expat dependents to work temporarily during Hajj season by registering at Ajeer temporary Hajj employment program. Trending : 4 new tunnels in Madinah to help pilgrims
However, expatriates need approval from their employers in order to work for other companies during Hajj season, Both citizens and expats above 15 years can use this system to find jobs. Recommend : 234,000 Expats lose jobs in first quarter of 2018
- Ajeer is an online system from Ministry of Labor and Social Development that links employers and employees. Individuals can post their resumes while companies can post the jobs.
- Hiring companies need to pay a fee of 160 Saudi riyals on each employee they get from Ajeer, The main aim of the Ajeer program is to reduce recruitment from outside the Kingdom during the peak season. See Also : Fines for transporting or employing illegal residents
- Expatriates cannot be recruited for the jobs which are reserved for Saudis, Domestic workers are not allowed to benefit from Ajeer system as per the Ministry of Labor and Social Development reported in Saudi Gazette.
- The Ajeer system serves both Hajj companies and other companies that providing services to pilgrims like transporting, catering, etc,. However non Hajj companies need to be in Green or above category in order to register at Ajeer and must be operating in Jeddah, Makkah or Madinah. Read : Employers should provide medical insurance to employees and dependents
- Investors from the sector have called for training on Ajeer systems, Similarly they called ministry to think on allowing domestic workers to look for jobs in this system as they are already in Saudi Arabia. They also said there is a need to create a round the clock hot line jobs for the Hajj season.
from SAUDI-EXPATRIATES https://ift.tt/2uflKhf