Friday, May 18, 2018

Iqama Name Correction


If you happen to be a new Saudi resident and you’ve just collected your Iqama or Muqeem Card (Residence Permit in Saudi Arabia) then it is very important for you to check your name on Iqama or Muqeem Card. You should confirm it if it is same as your name mentioned on the passport. You should also check if the Arabic name pronounces same as the English name. It is not accepted if your name differs from English, Arabic and the name on the passport although it would be very difficult to process with the little changes in the name. The banks, where you have to send money back home (remittance) or happen to open up a new bank account would not accept your Iqama because of the difference of names as per Saudi Arabia Monetary Authority (SAMA) If you travel for work from Saudi Arabia to different European countries you may need Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and if your name on Iqama is not correct you may not get cleared. What to do if your Iqama name is incorrect? By going to Human Resource (HR) office or Government relation office of the company you work for and ask them to change it. They can access website online, change it there and get a new print of your Iqama if your English name is not correct. They would go to Jazawath Office and get a new print of Iqama for you if your Arabic name is incorrect.